About Deborah Armstrong
I am a jack of all trades, master of some. I really enjoy using my medical knowledge and experience to perform case reviews and give cogent advice. More than once I have added value to cases by knowing what should have been done and wasn't (not meeting the standard of care).
I have also discovered that an incorrect medication was prescribed at a critical time, which led to a bad outcome. I pride myself in being able to make sense of medical charts in the setting of the legal facts.
I am comfortable reading all forms of medical charts- nursing notes, operative notes, consults, hospital notes, outpatient office notes, reports of x-rays, MRIs and CT scans.
I am currently working at Day Law Associates in Forest, Virginia as an adjunct advisor on their medical malpractice cases as well as working in an Urgent Care practice.
- Licensed MD in both Virginia and North Carolina
- Licensed Virginia Attorney
- Practicing Primary Care / Urgent Care Medicine
- Extensive past experience in Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
- University of Virginia, BA 1988
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, JD 1992
- Admitted to Virginia Bar 1992
- Virginia Commonwealth University, Medical College of Virginia, MD 2002
- Wake Forest University Family Medicine Residency, graduate 2010